Friday, October 16, 2015

Francisca Ramos

Hello everybody,

I am Francisca, I am 21 years old and I just arrived to Romania two weeks ago for a volunteer adventure in Arad!

I am from Porto, one of the most beautiful cities in Portugal (and for me, in the world) and I am a wannabe journalist. My great passion in life is travel and I have been doing it as much as I can for several years now.

After four years studying journalism in Portugal, I decided I needed a new experience and some time to grow as a person, to get to know more of the world and to use my skills to help others. I found the perfect solution to connect my passion for travel and this new desire: joining European Voluntary Service!

So now I am in Arad, Romania working on the Outdoor Leisure Education (OLE) project for 9 months. So far I am really liking it: I have met amazing people, I love the children I work with and I feel more useful here than ever.

Besides OLE, my organisation also allows me to work in other projects, such as with people with mental disability and people without economic resources. This is a big plus, since I can try different things and learn new educational approaches.

I am very excited about this new experience and my new life! Be able to help others and really make a difference in someone's life is extraordinary and I recomend it to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment