Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Adriana - recent activities

It is already mid-February, time flies. So far I have been in OLE project since November, and the activities I have participated in have been very diverse: from helping packing presents to playing with children.

My main activity is going to General 1, a school for children aged 7 to 12, where I and another volunteer help the teacher to orientate the class. We do stretches, warm-ups, help the teacher when he needs help in coordinating some specific activity or most importantly: to present games for children to play. These games can be both brain and physically stimulating, but the most important is having the kids to enjoy them and put them smiling, no matter how tiresome it is! It is also good for me, as it is the time of the week that I have to get in shape together with them.

More recently, me and André also went to a centre where they manage after-school activities, where we used the games with the children at schools with them and they loved it. I think for them were different activities than the ones they are used to.

What is more, this last month we have also started to work on OLE magazine, where we explain some of the games we use, information on ERASMUS+ program, and parents and teachers’ interviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment